art diary Bradford Brenner

You've found my blog spot (everyone has one and I just discovered mine recently) where I'll make up things that I know about art.

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Land Escape


This painting started off as a lemon and lime squeezer from our kitchen. Actually, a pretty obscure little (yet incredibly handy) piece of equipment. I need to try and paint it again. The one I really wanted to paint was the original squeezer that was recently thrown out unbeknownst to me due to a questionable aluminum coating gone horribly wrong. The painting was going to require more time than I had (and I was off to a lousy beginning) and thus I opted to shift gears into a Landscape. Today seemed to be a somewhat long hard day and I needed the escape.

- SOLD -

4 Comments:

Blogger Daily Paintings said...

Nice work!

8:20 AM  
Blogger VH McKenzie said...

Congratulations on NOT tossing your work out when it did not follow your intention -- this is a lovely "land- escape", and I think it makes a beautiful alternative to a lowly kitchen gadget.

I've often found that something I'm ready to discard because it went horribly awry, actually gives me an opportunity to try Something Completely Different. I figure it can't get any worse.

Voila -- this is quite beautiful. For sale?

1:19 PM  
Blogger Eileen Hale said...

I too love your Land Escape, and I especially love the name of it.

1:40 PM  
Blogger bradfordbrenner said...

Thanks everyone for the positvie feedback! As for sale? I probably should put it on eBay with the rest of them.

10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home