art diary Bradford Brenner

You've found my blog spot (everyone has one and I just discovered mine recently) where I'll make up things that I know about art.

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Talapia-more than a fish


I painted this while waiting for my Trader Joe's Panko Encrusted Talapia (a fish from who knows where? Panko is/are Japanese course bread crumbs) to go from a frozen to cooked state. If you haven't tried this, I highly recommend it. If you don't live near a Trader Joe's, I would move next to one. Great stuff. Great Prices. In the event you are wondering if I'm getting paid every time someone reads this blog from Joe himself (on a per click basis), rest assured I'm not but wish that I were. If you really want to know exactly how long this painting took to finish, all you would need to do would be to look on the Talapia box (located in the frozen section), check the toaster oven time and multiply that by point 6. Talapia is a slow cooking fish that many indigenous people will cook for days and sometimes weeks on end. I would have gladly worked on it longer, but I felt there was something there that worked and was afraid to over-cook it!














1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I were you, I'd skip the tilapia. It's worse for you than donuts, hamburgers, or bacon. You can visit my blog at http://www.newrinkles.com/index.php/archive/tilapia-something-fishy/ to learn more.

9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home