art diary Bradford Brenner

You've found my blog spot (everyone has one and I just discovered mine recently) where I'll make up things that I know about art.

Monday, October 16, 2006

Landspatula


Not a horror movie, but a painting. Could be a horrible painting (that's for you to decide). The beauty of the daily painting is having the freedom to try stuff. This painting was executed (when used in the context of actual painting procedure, executed doesn't mean killed. Rest assured, no canvases were harmed in the making of this piece) entirely with a flexible kitchen spatula (which explains the lack of signature and in general it's over easy quality).














3 Comments:

Blogger Gretchen Kelly said...

It's deliciously luscious... Love the idea of the spatula. I get a funny picture of you in my head of you - flipping the paint around like the short order cook you said you are feeling like sometimes.

11:00 AM  
Blogger bradfordbrenner said...

My next job will be at Denny's! Have spatula will travel.

7:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Art is the desire of a man to express himself, to record the reactions of his personality to the world he lives in.

2:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home